Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bloody Scones

Sooo I've had my car for a year and a few days AKA I had to renew the insurance for the first time this past weekend. Being a lazy daisy I just drove to the closest broker to my house instead of with the company I did last year. Anyhooo I go in there saying give me what I got last year, showing them my ICBC estimate I got in the mail and the woman started asking me all these questions about adding this and that to which I felt a bit pressured to give in...the funniest was "we recommend 5 million liability not 2", to which I replied "you think someone would sue me for more than 2 million dollars?"...."well" she said..."what if you hit a bus, or a surgeon who will no longer be able to use their hands so you'll have to pay their wages." In the end I held strong but still had to pay $1177, oooo welll 'tis the life of an adult I guess.

Anyways thinking about car accidents reminded me of some scones I made. The recipe called for blueberries but I used raspberries which got quite messy...



Next time I think I would put a bit more sugar in them and won't cook them as long, but thankfully I had some leftover cream cheese icing from the blissful centers that I've previously posted about (they're so good I made them again).



Moral of the day, make sure you know where your money is going and question those who want more, ha!

Ring Ching,

No comments:

Post a Comment