Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Caramel Apple (Birthday) Cake!

I haven't always been a big fan of cake...I blame it on all those gross store bought cakes that are way too dry and have an abundance of nauseating custard and tasteless icing that every kid in elementary school had at their birthday parties. So when it came to my birthday I would usually opt for ice cream cake or cheese cake (YUM!). Getting older I've been trying new things and my palate has grown (although I have yet to try sushi) so I'm going to bake and cook everything in my two new cookbooks! First I tackled my fear of cake. For my mother's birthday I decided to make a cake, a caramel apple cake! The cakey part had your usually ingredients in it like flour and sugar, but I also chopped up a couple of peeled granny smith apples into it! Then I made the sauce to go on top which really made the cake because I put the sauce on the cake almost immediately after making it instead of drizzling it on top of every individual piece when serving it like the recipe said. It made it soooooooooooo MOIST. BEST CAKE EXPERIENCE EVER! Everyone loved it and scraped the dish clean, every last crumb! I hope you like my creative use of tea light candles!?  ;)

Ring Ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment